Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WHY WEIGHT ON THE SCALE DOES NOT MATTER

124 lbs


140 lbs

124 lbs
140 lbs





I fretted every minute of the day if the scale said more than 124.  That was MY weight, that was what I had been for years and I found comfort in that number.  I always believed that if I could just get down to 115 that I would look toned and reach my ideal body shape.  If someone had told me I needed to gain weight to reach my ideal, I would've pretended to listen while silently thinking how ridiculous they were.

Fast forward years and kids and many little micro lifetimes lived and I am here.  Exactly where I believe in my heart I am supposed to be.

I weigh 140+ pounds now.  I still stress knowing this is what I weighed 9 months pregnant, but I know that I am strong and powerful and I love and respect my body.  I did have to get rid of some jeans.  I have an ass now and I love it - so instead of getting pissed that I couldn't zip my old jeans, I went and bought new ones that accentuate the butt I worked so hard for. 

What I have learned:
  • Throw out your scale - IT IS DOING NOTHING POSITIVE FOR YOU
  • Eat clean all the time
  • If you must indulge do it with whole, real food and then move on 
  • Drink more water
  • Work out hard enough that you repeatedly feel like you are not going to make it through the workout
  • SWEAT
  • Find a trainer - it is worth every penny
  • Do squats - they build your butt - the heavier the better
  • When your jeans don't fit - get rid of them and know that getting bigger can be a good thing :)
  • Eat small, balanced meals throughout the day
  • Prepare your food in advance so you have healthy meals you can prepare in a pinch
  • Experiment with your diet until your body tells you, "I love the way I feel"
  • Expect that you will have to modify your diet occasionally to keep feeling great
  • Don't compare yourself to others - all bodies are unique and what you may have to work REALLY hard for might come easier to someone else (this goes both ways)
  • Love and respect your body - treat it with care and compassion 
*The results above were achieved working out with a trainer 2X a week for two year.  Yes, it cost A LOT of money and it was worth it.  Want to read about it  click here to read my blog about why I think great trainers are worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment