Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TURKEY BURGERS


I never measure when I make this.  I did put approximate amounts and pictures down below.  As long as it all sticks together so you can cook it - you're good!

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for the pan to saute and to make the burgers)
Onion
Garlic
Mushrooms
Celery
Spicy peppers (jalapeno, serrano or similar)
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Ground turkey
Cooked millet, brown rice and quinoa mix (millet and brown rice have been my favorite so far)

Saute the first five ingredients and let them cool - I put them in the fridge to get them cooled down quicker.
You can change this to your flavor preference (oil, 4 cloves garlic, 1 large onion, 6 mushrooms, 4 stalks celery)


*This time I doubled it so I could freeze the extras.  To freeze: I put on a wax papered cookie sheet and once frozen I put them in freezer bags.  

I serve them on whole wheat buns with avocado, lettuce, onions and tomato.  They are yummy with Alexia brand spicy sweet potato fries. 

Put turkey in large bowl with good sprinkle of garlic, salt and pepper

Add sauteed mixture (once cool) and spicy peppers to the turkey
Add 2-3 cups of your pre-cooked grain mixture
Mix all ingredients well - I use my hands 


Form into patties and place in a medium pan coated with olive oil - I sprinkle with more garlic powder too.  Brown on both sides (I cover for the first 10 minutes to help them cook through).  Total cook time about 15 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment