Sunday, January 22, 2012

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU STARTED YOUR JOURNEY TO HEALTH?

I know this is true for all of us.  You get started on a plan to get healthy.  You may even reach your goal, then something happens and you slide back the other way.  One day, then a week and then a year.  You have to start over.  It sucks!  I know that I beat myself up about not just maintaining what I had.  If only?  What if?  Why not?  I have thought a lot about this and for me, this is my painful truth.  I didn’t love myself enough to make me a priority.  I always let something else steer me away from my best path.  I followed a love, gave up a work out to do what someone else wanted, cleaned the house instead of going to the gym.   A million little tiny choices where I did not choose me over someone else - I should have chosen ME.  Sounds selfish right?  It’s not!  What I have learned is that to give my best in any relationship I have to love myself and believe with all my heart that I am honoring the deepest parts of my soul everyday.  If I don’t, then I lose focus, fall off  track and every relationship in my world is negatively impacted.
LOVE YOURSELF enough to do what is best for you.  That means sometimes you say no you cannot do something that someone else wants you to do.  This may temporarily bring disappointment to your spouse, friends, kids and random people biding for your time.  It does not matter.  You have to look at the long term.  Your relationships with all those who love you will improve if you love yourself enough to honor your deepest hopes and dreams.  Your spouse will benefit everyday and night from you feeling confident, proud and accomplished.  Your children will benefit from your increase in energy and patience.  They will also see that you are modeling that YOU ARE IMPORTANT.  What an amazing example you will be setting for them.  They will understand that it is okay to follow what is inside of them, give themselves what they need in life so that they can be their best in all relationships.
Today chose you.  If you chose you first, the rest of it will get better.  Tell the world you love yourself enough to do what makes you feel your best.  The world will respect you everyday for your choices and so will the people that love you.  If anyone harasses you about it - kick them off your life bus, they don’t belong there.

No comments:

Post a Comment