Sunday, January 22, 2012

MAPLE BALSAMIC SWEET POTATOES


One of my favorite foods is sweet potatoes.  They are an excellent healthy food choice and easy to make and keep in the fridge.  I mix them with chicken, salads, rice and eggs.
Maple Balsamic Sweet Potatoes

Peel and cube sweet potatoes (I usually do 2 medium at a time since it fits on one cookie sheet) Cubes should be about the size of dice

Mix together olive oil, maple syrup* and balsamic vinegar** in a small dish.  I don’t measure but it is about 3 TBS olive oil, 1-2 TBS Maple Syrup and 1 - 2 TBS of balsamic.

Pour mix over potatoes and toss together until evenly coated

Put on a greased (I used olive oil) cookie sheet

Sprinkle with a light coat of sea salt

Cook at 375 for 20 - 30 minutes (turn them every 10 minutes)

*Use REAL maple syrup

** I buy balsamic vinegar at the farmers market.  It is $18 for one bottle.  It is worth every penny.  I highly recommend the investment.  One bottle will last me a couple of months.  I use it on sweet potatoes, for sauteed mushrooms and in other recipes that call for balsamic.  The bottle I have from Costco sits untouched since I found the one at the farmers market.

No comments:

Post a Comment