Sunday, January 22, 2012

TURKEY MEATBALLS


Last night I made turkey meatballs, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, brown rice, sauteed mushrooms, chicken breast, potatoes and whole wheat pasta.  It took a couple of hours, but now my fridge is stocked and I feel ready to focus on my other priorities.

The turkey meatballs are my favorite and something I do not like to be without.  I make them every couple of days. There is no real recipe - they come out great every time and I don’t ever measure.

One yellow onion chopped
Five large white mushrooms chopped
3-5 stalks of celery chopped
4 cloves of garlic diced
Sometimes I add some jalepeno - up to you
3 eggs
3 slices of whole wheat bread - toasted until dry and cut into very small pieces
1 package of lean turkey
A good sprinkle of sea salt, pepper and garlic powder

Combine everything in a large bowl and mix with a submersion blender.  If you don’t have one of these you can mix everything but the meat in blender or food processor.  The goal is to get most of the chunks out and then mix it together with the turkey.  Before I bought the submersion blender I used my hands to mix in the turkey.  It really doesn’t matter because once it is all mixed together you use your hands to form into balls and place on cookie sheet coated with olive oil.  You can see the size I like in the picture.

Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes.

When you take them out, let them sit for a few minutes before you lift them off the sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment