Sunday, January 22, 2012

YOUR ARE WHAT YOU EAT

I guess it is a part of what we do that we notice people’s shopping carts.  It is hard sometimes not to walk up to someone and say, “Are you kidding me?  You want to be fat and tired?  Are those really the best foods you can put into your body?”

Over and over again we are shown that people truly don’t know how to be healthy.  We hear all the time from intelligent people that they just don’t know how to choose foods, when to eat them, how to prepare them.  Fortunately, we can help with that.

First, let’s be clear.  Healthy food costs more.  However, if you stop eating out (which you should), then you will be saving money in the long run AND you will feel a bazillion times better.  The payoff is unreal and if you genuinely commit, you will never go back.  You will fall off the wagon (we do too), but you will get back on.  Feeling your best is like a drug. The best, most amazing drug ever!  If you can work to get your body to that point, then there is no amount of time or money that you will feel is not worth it.

An easy place to start is Costco.  They have lots of great options and the prices are better than the grocery store.  The picture is from my real trip to Costco yesterday and I did not leave anything out of the picture.

This was my list:

Organic chicken breast - I just like the way organic tastes better :)
Ground Turkey
Olive Oil
Fage 0% yogurt - 3
Organic brown eggs -3
Blueberries - 3
Rasperries - 1
Strawberries - 2
Balsamic dressing - great to marinate chicken and on salad
Classico spaghetti sauce
Via coffee packets
Mushrooms
Agave syrup
Apples
Oatmeal
Bottled Water
Almond Butter

When you add this to the fresh produce I bought at the farmers market, then I am all set for 7-10 days.

The fridge always has food prepared and ready to heat up.  This is key and I do spend a lot of time on preparation so that I don’t have to stress out when I am trying to eat every two hours throughout the day.  I will be posting recipes for some of my staples.  It does take time and it is an adjustment.  As stated earlier - it is so worth it.

No Costco card - you can find all of this stuff anywhere.

Want a fun activity.  Look at peoples carts.  Find someone you want to look like and look in their cart.  Now find someone you don’t want to look like and look in their cart.  It’s not rocket science.  You are what you eat. To the guy at target with the huge tub of cheese balls yesterday - YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment